Since the last time I’ve written anything on here my hedges have grown back, I’ve announced child number four on the way, I took a seminary class and realized I have no desire to do that again, I have added 19 reasons to my list of why I loathe summer, I have planted a garden and mowed down a garden that was overtaken by grass after pregnancy nauseousness kept me from keeping up with it, and I’ve grown out of all my clothes!
Things I’ve realized over the summer.
- I am thankful for A/C.
- I was thankful for my city’s swimming pool which will be no more for awhile.
- I am thankful for teachers and school starting.
- I am thankful for other adults.
- I am thankful for the college students being back in town because I missed those sweet young people who still include me in a few of their shenanigans. (Not in a weird Brooke hangs out with people half her age, but as in Brooke works with them.)
- I am thankful for stretchy pants and sports bras.
- I am thankful for chocolate milk.
- I am thankful for the Guitar Tabs app that automatically scrolls.
- I am thankful for Kyle being done with his annual guard training. Two weeks without that man and with three kids by myself makes for a hellacious two weeks.
- I am thankful for grandparents that help when I’ve lost my sanity.
- I am thankful for God shielding Beans from the wretchedness that could have been after a 15 foot fall.
- I am thankful for blackout curtains.
- I am thankful for minivans. (P.S. Welcome to the club Andrea Lauderdale!)
- I am thankful (again) for chocolate milk.
- I am thankful for the reformation and for translators so that I can read the Word.
- I am thankful for water hoses.
I have nothing of depth to share today. I stopped writing for a few months because I was becoming a little too saucy and fired up for my own liking…so how about some surface-level Brooke-ness that keeps me contained.
Bye friends! 🙂